The music will tell you what to do: A Workshop for dancers and interested musicians
You are invited to a workshop with Lynne Scott, the RSCDS NZ Branch Music Adviser. Lynne will demonstrate how music for Scottish Country Dancing is organised to match the dances, and discuss what to listen for to inform your dancing. No question is too silly!
Musicians will have the opportunity to try a dance set under Lynne’s expert tuition. A piano is available.
Afternoon tea provided.
Please call Lynne to confirm your attendance: 04 5650164
Find out about Lynne’s 2019 workshop which Johnsonville club members Liz Hands, Désirée Patterson and Helen Thompson attended.
Celebrate Winter with in style!
7.00pm – dinner 7.30pm
Catering by Save the Children (as their fundraiser)
Followed by dancing with live music by Aileen Logie
$32 per person
Reserve your place now by phoning 9776166 or emailing name/s of those attending to Moira Scott and making payment by Sunday 9 August 2020.
- Internet banking (ANZ Manners Street 11-7200 0095069-11 with your LAST NAME and INITIAL and DINNER in the reference columns) OR
- by cheque (made out to Ngaio Scottish Country Dance Club) mailed to Ngaio SCD Club Treasurer, Bruce Jones, 7 Perth Street, Ngaio Wellington 6035 Email Bruce
Any enquiries to: Moira Scott 0272449080 or Andrea Lynch 9733094 (evenings)
Download the poster 2020 Ngaio Winter Dinner Dance
Hosted by Waikanae Club
Music by Aileen Logie, Hilary Ferral and Jason Morris
The dances will be walked through once
Download the 2020 New Dancers Celebration Programme 2
Download the 2020 New Dancers Celebration Crib Sheet
Download the instructions to Sophie’s Sand Castle
Things to know
- There is plenty of parking, both around the hall, and on the surrounding streets
- When you arrive, please scan the QR code at the door (we have one specially for the dance), or sign the register
- There will be plenty of sanitisers, so try to use them, or wash your hands regularly
- There will be water available, but please bring a water bottle if you prefer
- With Level 1 in mind, we will be using paper plates and cups
- Those of you coming who are not new dancers, please bring a small disposable plate of pre-cooked food
- We encourage everybody to wear name badges if you have them