Join in the fun! Monday 27 June
Live music from Strings Attached – Lynne Scott, Sharlene Penman and Richard Hardie.
Download the Johnsonville Tartan Night June 2022 Programme
Download the instructions for Tairāwhiti Wedding
Download the instructions for To Catch a Weasel
Ngaio Club has invited Johnsonville dancers to join them for their annual dinner and dance.
Meet at 6.30pm Dinner at 7pm. This is a sit-down meal and a fund-raising event for Save the Children who are catering.
Music by Aileen Logie and Hilary Ferral.
To attend, pay $36 electronically into bank account 11-7200-0095069-11 by 23 June entering your name into particulars.
Then email Ngaio with the names of those attending, contact phone and whether you have any special dietary requirements.
Dances will be a surprise, but well known, popular and easy. They will be walked through once if needed.
Johnsonville Mid-Year Summer: Saturday 9 July, 6pm-10pm
Book online now!
Johnsonville’s 2022 club dinner-dance has a Mid-Year Summer theme, in place of our Covid-cancelled Summer Ceilidh.
Come along in summer beach gear or bright summer colours for this fun-filled evening of socialising, dancing and eating!
As usual, there will be:
- good food, good company, and a mug of Allison’s mulled wine
- time to get to know your fellow club members off the dance floor
- fun (Summer) dances brought to us by Rod
- lots of colourful (Summer-themed) decorations
- easy options for dressing to celebrate the event’s (Summer) theme
- the opportunity for family members to join us
- volunteer slots for hall set-up and pack-up
But we are doing some things differently, in response to covid-uncertainty:
- this year will be pot-luck rather than a catered meal
- costs will be lower at $5 for members, and $10 for guests
- we’ll be calling for volunteers to help cover kitchen duties
- we will need a minimum of 25 members, signed-up at least a week ahead
A Pot-luck dinner
This year’s dinner food will be self-catered, with pot-luck contributions from all those attending (as at our Summer Ceildih).
There is limited space at St John’s Church Hall – Johnsonville Club Members have priority. Maximum number of attendees is 50.
We require a minimum of 25 members (booked in advance) for the event to go ahead.
Bookings are now open for Johnsonville Club Members and their immediate families.
BOOK AND PAY by MONDAY 27 JUNE for Club members, their partners and children:
- Johnsonville Club Members: $5 each
- Members’ partners (who are not Members of Johnsonville Club): $10 each
- Members’ children aged 13 and under: $5 each
- Members’ older children: $10 each
Work out the total amount due (at $5 each for Johnsonville Club Members, $10 each for Members’ partners (who are not Members of Johnsonville Club), $5 each for Members’ children aged 13 and under, and $10 each for Members’ older children.
(a) INTERNET BANKING: All internet banking payments need to be made – BEFORE completing the online booking form (so you can enter date of payment later in the form)
- to account 01-0519-0040631-00
- insert ‘Dinner’ in ‘Particulars’ and ‘Your name’ in ‘Reference’.
(b) CASH: Please give your payment directly to Allison at Club with your details.
Book online now
Other guests waitlist
Email Allison to add other guests ($10 for each non-member, including their children) to a wait list for possible spaces. Payment for wait listed guests is NOT NEEDED at this point.
A fun afternoon’s dancing with live music for people of all ages and abilities
All dances walked
A particular welcome for those new to dancing
Parking in the school ground
Music by Lynne Scott, Sharlene Penman, Richard Hardie
Download the Johnsonville & Capital City Combined Annual Dance Crib Sheet 2022 prepared by Désirée Patterson
Download the instructions for the dance John Markham’s Rant
Download the instructions for the dance City of Wisteria